The Effingham Residents Association (EFFRA) was founded in 1966
EFFRA’s objectives are to:
- Safeguard and promote the interests of the parish residents
- Encourage residents to take an active part in local affairs
- Assist in all matters for the benefit of the residents
- Communicate with the Parish Council on a range of village related matters
- Help where required in the government of Effingham
- Investigate reasonable complaints regarding village related matters
- Secure the return of supportive members to the Borough Council and Parish Council
All Effingham residents over 18 are automatically members, unless they choose to decline. Currently membership is free of charge. Any company having premises in Effingham is entitled to nominate a representative to become a member by applying to the Executive Committee via the Secretary.
The Executive Committee of EFFRA consists of the Honourable Secretary, Honourable Treasurer, and up to 10 other members, who are elected annually at the AGM. The Chairman and vice-Chairman are elected at first meeting of the Committee. The Committee usually meets monthly to discuss local matters and to press for action where needed. Meeting minutes are published on the website here
The membership of the Committee is published here.
An electronic copy of the Constitution is available upon request to the Secretary or can be read here